NW-Y.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NW-Y.

WE HAVE MOVED! JOIN US AT NEWAY.PUREFORUM.NET!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site.

Go down 
+2
garxerY
netjester
6 posters
AuthorMessage
netjester

Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site. Empty
PostSubject: Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site.   Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site. EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 5:07 am

Here are a few suggestions to a young aspiring Cheat site admin.

1) If you're going to focus on the 'cheat' side of things...
a) Don't expect people to post on your forums if they don't trust you.
They'll trust you when you've shown total disregard for staff and the admin
They'll also dislike you, but they'll trust you won't expose them as posters.

b) Actually have some content and something for people to discuss.

NWX saw low levels of traffic but it had a high content to noise ratios because NWX was utilised when the Player base felt outraged/slighted or simply thought something was handled in game. NWX provided a running commentary.

If you're going to focus on cheating as it'd appear, with your cheat 'forums' being so high in the list and the only forums that have been posted in by your 'team'... you have to remember your responsibility as a player to consider the effect this will have on the game.

If you're a slightly disgruntled player who can't wait for the south town to be open. Stop and re-consider. If you 'blow open' the game, Discuss all the topic notch gear, outline best Borg spots, provide methods for completing quests, guild powers etc.. You've just taken away any edge you had. Everyone;s submerged in a world of mediocrity and the only people not playing that level of game are the players who don't frequent the cheat site.

You've naturally alienated yourself and your forum ship ten times more than NWX ever did... If thats what you're after, go for it.

Its not productive towards the game and won't be held in the same regard as NWX was.. Foolish!
Back to top Go down
Flamer

PostSubject: Re: Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site.   Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site. EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 10:35 am

How oxymoronic to have a CHEAT site that has RULES. Okay, you guys are a bunch of morons.
Back to top Go down
garxerY

PostSubject: Re: Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site.   Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site. EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 11:02 am

As said in a previous post, mister flamer, if we actually have to MODERATE you, you're a bigger fuckup than this site supposedly is. Why not try helping the site, instead of making yourself feel important with the half-assed attempt at bringing us down for this? Go ahead, keep me laughing.

The Rules are simple, NO flaming.

You Will be baned for such things as soon as they are found. This includes witty flaming as well.

The only place flaming is allowed is under the flame forum. Please do keep it that way thank you.

Others rules are, No spamming.

Other rules will be set as their problems are encounterd.

What's so bad about those rules? Spam is shit for admins to deal with, trust me. I've had to remove a LOT of shit from NWx, and i really don't feel like spending hours fighting spam. as for flaming..it draws too much from the topic of the thread, so it's understandable. So before trying to blast rules on a cheat site, try using common sense and logic, no?
Back to top Go down
Spamnche

PostSubject: Re: Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site.   Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site. EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 11:31 am

I have to laugh at the guy above. Spam is shit for Admins. What's worse for Admin? Spam or Cheaters? Since you fit into both categories why not just ban yourself?
Back to top Go down
garxerY

PostSubject: Re: Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site.   Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site. EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 11:35 am

it's a waste of time, really. And I don't like wasting my time going through spam and deleting it.
Back to top Go down
SpamnChe

PostSubject: Re: Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site.   Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site. EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 11:37 am

You conveniently dodged my question. Are you going to answer it?
Back to top Go down
garxerY

PostSubject: Re: Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site.   Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site. EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 11:40 am

Why not just ban myself? Because outside of the flame section, my posts are actually worth something. Since this is a cheat site, why ban myself for posting content that could lead to players cheating? There's nothing wrong with posting on how to cheat. If they actually do it, that's their problem if they get caught, not mine. Now why not be a good little soldier and contribute to more than the flame section? Or are you one of NWX's former posters who did nothing BUT flame and feel restricted to this particular forum, because you have no input besides needless flaming that contributes absolutely nothing? Nothing against you personally, I think this is entertaining, but it's sad that our biggest thread is under the flame forum.
Back to top Go down
SpamnChe

PostSubject: Re: Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site.   Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site. EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 11:44 am

Yes you twink I used to post on NWX and now I will here to flame and fuck with you because in reality the only fun with Threshx, NWX, and this twinkdom is to fuck around. Get serious.
Back to top Go down
garxerY

PostSubject: Re: Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site.   Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site. EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 11:48 am

well, have fun fucking around then Smile
Back to top Go down
Ditto

PostSubject: Re: Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site.   Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site. EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 11:50 am

Ha ha! Yes, I used to do that on NWX too. I'll join you SpamnChe! High-5!
Back to top Go down
Bane

PostSubject: Re: Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site.   Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site. EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 9:30 am

Seems the whole staff of the NWX Mud is now posting here with Blaise (aka NULL) making himself a coach for the the new forum staff.

For your convenience, I'm going to create a section for flaming and cheating on NWX Mud (amesomething?) for when it opens (tried to log on and couldn't get anywhere but a holding cell).

This should be fun for all!

Bane
Back to top Go down
Yuk Yuk

PostSubject: Re: Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site.   Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site. EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 10:02 am

You are kidding right? Blaise is making a game?
Back to top Go down
Bane

PostSubject: Re: Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site.   Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site. EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 10:13 am

No, laughable as it may sound, it is true. He even lists his game on an advertisement where NWX used to be. But it really should be DahkoarMud because all the creators are from the Dahkaor religion on New Worlds.

For clarity here is the list of builders there: Blaise (Netjester here, Null on NWX), Sithys (Abraxis here), Torin, Fallyn, Kelrich (aka Jeraal, aka Garxerxy and z), Rikferdiz, Galain, and Tatiana.

-Bane
Back to top Go down
Abraxis

PostSubject: Re: Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site.   Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site. EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 2:57 pm

Hahaha well, how misguided of you to assume I'm Sithys... I guess I could take it as a compliment?
Back to top Go down
Neleron

PostSubject: Re: Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site.   Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site. EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 6:37 pm

Erm. Pointing out the obvious. Again. Character and player. Line between. Sithys' player also played Rafin. Lumi Devotee. Undevoted and retired when he made Sithys. But its the player, not the character.

Tatiana is played by Becky. Becky also played a Lumi Elder Priestess at one stage. Maybe a Druid too, but everyone tries there and quits. No offense, just... Well, the Druids haven't ever inspired me overly much. Becky currently has two characters. Her "first" (read as active) is Tatiana. Dahkoar Priestess. Her "second" (read as inactive because of first and not tempting any conflict of interest) is Isidora. Isidora is a Devotee of Waylumi. Her second name is Carna. Her High Priest's second name is Carna also. She happens to be married to him.

Galain. Hehe. Played a thief once or twice. I'd know, I worked with them. Back then, not a Dahk fan.

Jer is a rainbow character. From Lumi to Dahk to Druid to.. Is he Dahk again? Dunno.

Torin also plays a Dahk cleric. You missed that one. Or I think he does. I'm out of touch these days. But the player certainly has no limits based on his character's religion.

Need I go on?

Well, why not? Wink

In this very section of these very forums, I was invited by one of the Ameth admins to visit their forum. Did once, but not really interested in building any muds. Been there, done that. A couple of times, actually. Don't have the motivation these days, though maybe I'll throw in a few ideas when I find a central theme of theirs going.

My point. If indeed I have one. Players are not their characters. Rinfa will tell you this. Characters are not their players. Nel hates to dance, I love to go clubbing. Lets get down to it though. Looking at it as DahkoarMUD is seriously idiotic. Because of the above points, as well as others I won't go into. They talked because they play Dahk characters, just like the people I talk to more often than not are in my religion or clan. I can talk about more things without worrying about trusting them. Thats presumably how their conversations started, or why. They discussed things they didn't like about NW. Even I can give my own peeves list. They decided to give a shot at making their own which addressed the perceived shortfallings. Something more to their liking. What guild, religion or clan they originate from is their business. The fact that not all the AmethMUD cohorts ever played NW is something to consider also.

But here's something. I've no problem going off-topic. I've no problem bitching about things that arn't related to NW. But this is a NW flame/fan/cheat/bitch/discussion/whatever forum, not an Ameth one. So as someone who's not even made a single post on their forum or spoken with any of them about their mud, but a NW player here to discuss NW, how about we stay on generalization? That is, New Worlds. Start an Ameth forum if you're interested enough in bitching about it. I'm not that interested.
Back to top Go down
Bane

PostSubject: Re: Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site.   Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site. EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 10:02 am

Nelewrong, you need lessons in brevity.

I think you forgot that you are on NWY, not NWX and you are not a moderator here (kind of miss that don't you? Twisted Evil) You are no more or less than a single voice amongst many and as such your requests to control what is posted here are of course denied. You come from NWX a Forum Cheat and Flame site about New Worlds, yet there were numerous posts and even a section on Threshold as well as talk and promotions for Ameth. Stop being such a goddamn hypocrite and deal.

As for your claim that not all the cohorts of Ameth didn't play NW? Bullshit. Have you even been to there forums or in the game. The entire creation team has played NW and every other person there posting plays NW or did.

Get the facts straight.

-Bane, follower of facts not innuendo.
Back to top Go down
Odessa

PostSubject: Re: Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site.   Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site. EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 10:05 am

*scratches her head* When did Becky play a Lumi Cleric?

I'm always out of the loop.
Back to top Go down
Harpy

Harpy

PostSubject: Re: Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site.   Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 6:49 am

Bane wrote:
No, laughable as it may sound, it is true. He even lists his game on an advertisement where NWX used to be. But it really should be DahkoarMud because all the creators are from the Dahkaor religion on New Worlds.

For clarity here is the list of builders there: Blaise (Netjester here, Null on NWX), Sithys (Abraxis here), Torin, Fallyn, Kelrich (aka Jeraal, aka Garxerxy and z), Rikferdiz, Galain, and Tatiana.

-Bane

I am -not- a builder on Ameth. At one point, I offered Ashira assistance with descriptions, but real life came at me fairly hard and I have no time whatsoever to do it. I didn't even have the time to send her an email in order to do building, no more than simply IMing her and asking if she needed help. I am sure if you could get a hold of her, she would tell you that I don't have anything to do with Ameth.
Back to top Go down
Harpy

Harpy

PostSubject: Re: Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site.   Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 6:50 am

Odessa wrote:
*scratches her head* When did Becky play a Lumi Cleric?

I'm always out of the loop.

Awhile ago, when Cami was GM. Wink
Back to top Go down
Bane

PostSubject: Re: Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site.   Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 2:59 pm

Why would anyone want to track down Ashira and ask her if you are a builder, Harpy? She can come here herself and answer it, she's been here enough promoting her game and ripping on the Administration who run this great website, she can speak for herself or have her lapdog Blaise speak for her.

What I'm curious about is why you are ashamed to be called a builder there? Isn't it an honor to be a builder on DahkoarMud? I'd be a builder there if they give me my own guild to create.

-Bane, Builder of Ruination
Back to top Go down
Harpy

Harpy

PostSubject: Re: Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site.   Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site. EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 5:38 pm

Bane wrote:
What I'm curious about is why you are ashamed to be called a builder there? Isn't it an honor to be a builder on DahkoarMud? I'd be a builder there if they give me my own guild to create.

-Bane, Builder of Ruination

Are you a complete idiot or do you just play one on forums?

If I was a builder there, I would have no problem admitting to it. As I said, I am not a builder. And knowing that -I- am not, I really have to wonder how much, if any, of all the other crap you spout on all the other threads, is true and how much you have just pulled out of your ass in some idiotic attempt to make yourself look good while trying to exact out some kind of vengeance against those who have supposedly wronged you IC (An impression gotten by your whining about being a Waylumi who was harassed by then).
Back to top Go down
Bane

PostSubject: Re: Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site.   Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site. EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 9:00 am

Looks like a struck a nerve. So you say you are not a builder. I think you are full of shit. Why? Because you are a liar. I used to read your bullshit posts on NWX. Are you going to say next that you aren't a moderator here too? Want me to give you a shovel to dig a little deeper?

-Bane, shovel exporter
Back to top Go down
Odessa

PostSubject: Re: Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site.   Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site. EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 12:06 pm

*had no idea you played Camille*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site.   Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site. Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheat Site, with the emphasis on cheat site.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NW-Y. :: Other. :: The flame zone.-
Jump to: