NW-Y.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NW-Y.

WE HAVE MOVED! JOIN US AT NEWAY.PUREFORUM.NET!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A POLL? A POLL?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
netjester

A POLL? A POLL? Empty
PostSubject: A POLL? A POLL?   A POLL? A POLL? EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 6:28 am

A Poll

Dust the cheats section, be a 'fan site' not a 'cheat site'

Open up posting to everyone in all areas or simply make all forums read-accessible and require registration for all posts.

If you're scared of guests do the whole job, not half of one.

Also, when asking for user input make the post in a forum they can post in...

Perhaps you should change your "Welcome to NW Y" forum so that Admins can make threads and users can make posts? Right now its Admin only.
Back to top Go down
renslady

renslady

A POLL? A POLL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A POLL? A POLL?   A POLL? A POLL? EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 9:45 am

I agree that this should be a fan site too..but ..didnt NWX have one of the biggest cheat forums ever? I mean for the Thresh section it laid out how to do every quest in the game in full detail. In the NW section it told of death traps rooms, and where to find just about every piece of gear there was to be had.

Why the sudden want to remove all of that? Not saying that this site shouldnt be more fan based , just find it ..almost hypocritical.
Back to top Go down
Bane

A POLL? A POLL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A POLL? A POLL?   A POLL? A POLL? EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 9:52 am

Blaise has always been a complete hypocrite. Yes, it was a huge cheat and flame site even bringing thresholdx to their forums. Don't listen to Blaise and take away the cheat section. He is just trying to paint NWX as a better place because he is now trying to promote his new game, but it was always a cheat and flame site. Anyone who posted there was well aware of this.

Keep the cheat site. That's how I leveled in NW (and Threshold). Blaise (NULL) is just a whiner. I will be posting up cheats at his game here as well and don't really want to make my own forums for it.

-Bane
Back to top Go down
netjester

A POLL? A POLL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A POLL? A POLL?   A POLL? A POLL? EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 1:55 pm

renslady wrote:
I agree that this should be a fan site too..but ..didnt NWX have one of the biggest cheat forums ever? I mean for the Thresh section it laid out how to do every quest in the game in full detail. In the NW section it told of death traps rooms, and where to find just about every piece of gear there was to be had.

Why the sudden want to remove all of that? Not saying that this site shouldnt be more fan based , just find it ..almost hypocritical.

It is hypocritical.
Back to top Go down
Neleron

A POLL? A POLL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A POLL? A POLL?   A POLL? A POLL? EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 6:18 pm

netjester wrote:
renslady wrote:

It is hypocritical.

You care.

I can be a hypocrit too. Next to Null, I held the biggest post count on NWX. Ignore the fact that 95% of those posts occured in the non-cheat section and the other 5% were taking the piss out of Twirl.

Bane. Who are you? If you needed NWX to level, you're both a little pathetic and majorly impressive. Because from the assorted crap there, not even I could have gotten very far. I swear AIM was better. Which, in fact, it was and is.

But to the key of it. Why do I say get rid of the cheats section? With the exception of the aforementioned genius, no one really had much use for the cheats section. Any posts there in the last six months were more the regulars (most of whom are now here as the majority of the forum's membership) taking the mickey and drawing out the most obvious answers to take up pages of vaguer hints than you'd get off a Guide on Question.

NWX's cheat section had three points of note. The quests. The powers lists. And the food spreadsheet. Of them, the only really useful and accurate one was the food. Not exactly a huge loss for us. I can tell you that a lot of the quest 'answers' were inaccurate or had been changed. Perhaps Andrew was aware of them and took malicious glee in changing things. Who knows? I'd do it if I was him Wink Powers lists. What is the point, seriously? Of the regulars here, how many DON'T know what the fighter level 20 power is? How many here actually need to know what level repair is for merchants if they're not a merchant? You don't ask 'hi, what level are you?', you ask 'hi, can you repair my shield?' Even then, its rarely a concern when most avoid the newer merchants until they've gotten better. For repairs at least. And gold worm forgings. Still recall the day that Dora forged and densed mine and Ragna immediately oiled it after... Damn, was I impressed or what. Rhetorical question.

Ask Jester/Null. Ask GarxerY/X. Both were admins for NWX. Exactly how active was the discussion section in comparison to the cheats? 80:20? I think thats generous. 90:10 is my guess, and if you recall (its hardly a long time ago), most of that wasn't giving cheat answers, it was calling twirl a twink, bitching about broken thief powers, etc. Basically shit we'd be doing without a cheats section.

I'm also against it because it gave NWX a bad name. Funny, I know. But defending a flame site is a lot easier than defending a cheat site. Partially because flames are expected and damn-near applauded. Cheats just get people scratching their heads.

Is this make or break for me on this forum? I'd say yes. Not because it matters too much (a cheat site isn't much good if the members won't add the information) but because it attracts idiots who post as guest, all knowing, all damning, but totally unwilling to verify or back it up. I post as my character name. Most others here have openly admitted who they are. Its not a matter of whether a cheats site would be useful or a good addition - we know from NWX that its a waste of space eventually. Its a matter of targeting the forum for the goals its members want. And we want discussion. Flames, sure, but discussion on the game not limited by help areas or nicities, but not going out of the way to tell everyone every single detail of the game.

People have said in the past that Andrew shouldn't play his game. I won't agree or disagree (I think he should, but needs to seriously look at how he does it). Most say this due to him knowing everything about the game, right down to the numbers. The same argument goes for Bane and others who cannot play this game without help. At least Andy knows from his own experience. For people to need other people's experience when its easy to find out through the game is a bit moronic. Jeraal reference there, yep.

Hopefully my taunt or two at Bane will keep this post in the topic rather than moved to rants Wink

P.S. Rens, you say this should be a fan-based forum. Generally when you declare yourself one side or the other in an argument, you will make points to support that side. Sorry for pointing out the obvious.
Back to top Go down
renslady

renslady

A POLL? A POLL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A POLL? A POLL?   A POLL? A POLL? EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 7:11 pm

While my post did state the fact that I agree with removing the cheat info on the site, at the time, my point was more to wonder why the owner of NWX as well as others who had posted and encouraged the addition of more cheat info there were suddenly gung ho against it here.

I think that listing quest answers or listing the answer to every game issue lessens the fun of the game not only for myself, but for others. I dont think that many things in NW are -that- hard to figure out with a little bit of brain power and exploration. I think cheats are for the lazy, those who don't actually want to rp , just want to "win".

I think if people want to cheat that badly, as it was mentioned, there's AIM for that. But as I said, NW quests are pretty easy to figure out as opposed to some of the ones in Thresh that were much harder (At least to me).

Anyway it's late, having a bad week and so I'll end it here...
Back to top Go down
Bane

A POLL? A POLL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A POLL? A POLL?   A POLL? A POLL? EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 9:50 am

Renslady, don't fold to these clowns that were more than happy to have a cheat site on NWX and utilize it. Keep the cheat and flame areas. I can't believe they are actually asking to have them removed. I think Neleron and Netjester are just trying to protect their own game Ameth from being exploited as well now that they no longer have exclusive rights to moderate what is posted.

Well, I say, too bad for them. If you ran a cheat and flame site, live with it, or can we dish it out but not take it?

Keep the Cheats!

-Bane, cheater and flamer
Back to top Go down
Yuk Yuk

A POLL? A POLL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A POLL? A POLL?   A POLL? A POLL? EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 10:13 am

Yeah, keep the cheats! cyclops
Back to top Go down
Abraxis

A POLL? A POLL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A POLL? A POLL?   A POLL? A POLL? EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 11:46 am

Personally I say cull the quest information, but keep the usual skill/power/gear stuff.
Back to top Go down
garxerY

A POLL? A POLL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A POLL? A POLL?   A POLL? A POLL? EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 12:14 pm

I'm actually going to agree with Neleron on this one. And I can speak safely when I say Neleron's not part of Ameth's coding/building team. I agree with the outing of the cheat site, because NWX's cheat site DID turn into a joke and led to more stupid guest postings than the site needed. It's fine if you want to remain anonymous, but register to the site so we know who we're calling an idiot instead of targetting one of one hundred guests. The powers list was entertaining to look at, but that's all I really found useful. The food section? Didn't need it, really. Everything else, if you levelled off of that..you need help. As for using this forum for a cheat section for Ameth, good luck, bane. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A POLL? A POLL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A POLL? A POLL?   A POLL? A POLL? Empty

Back to top Go down

A POLL? A POLL?
Page 1 of 1