NW-Y.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NW-Y.

WE HAVE MOVED! JOIN US AT NEWAY.PUREFORUM.NET!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What I mean by OOC to IC

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

What I mean by OOC to IC Empty
PostSubject: What I mean by OOC to IC   What I mean by OOC to IC EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 9:42 am

Quote :
Tatiana says, "We have become apathetic people. Not just lazy, but we have
turned into a state of indifference! The reasons are vast and
varied. Some people have tried so hard to do everything
themselves and they get burnt out, they no longer care. Others
figure someone else will do it, so why should they bother. I
suppose some truly ARE apathetic.. and they truly do not care..
but most of us have -become- that way."

Here we have a fine example of pulling ooc things into ic.

I have never seen the roleplay that led up to this sermon and its topic. However I did see the ooc discussion that would lead up to such a thing.

If you dont remember here let me point it out for you.....

Quote :
Some people have tried so hard to do everything
themselves and they get burnt out, they no longer care.

This was in link to something that Rnslady said here and I quote

Quote :
I suppose that I g

ave up..but only after trying my hardest when Sithys left, to garner everyone's support..a Mass I did..sermons..reached out to everyone..but it seemed no one was interested in the rp aspect anymore because they were unhappy that Sithys left.
But I can't rp a faith alone...no one came to discussions anymore and was tired of being left to do them myself. Tried to get Shadowfest going but found little ic interest...So I too gave up..a great deal.

No one said anything like that Ic or even gave hint to it ic. The only reason the dahk gm seemed busy was because she was trying to get the marraige over due to not having anyone that can do it. Ie having to rush the wedding because of Avalen. You will find that there are ic plans going on right now in regards to shadowfest and you are going to be surprised when you see how it works out. Wink

Quote :
Tatiana shakes her head, lips pursing in distaste, "It is so easy.. so very
easy to start off proud and ready and rearing to go! And yet it is so easy to
suddenly have a month past and you look back and go 'What happened?'

This one speaks for its self as being an out right attack on someone ic. And for someone who hasnt played a dahk in a long ass time its a lot to say that the gm isnt dong their job. You are constantly pushing to do her job for her, and you wonder why tat is dislkied. fayebeth did a LOT of work for and with the faith ever since she became a priestess, she has been rping her ass off on a ooc level to get this far and if you think that you can bring yourself from a lumi character to a dahk character and try and screw this up overnight you are mistaken. There IS going to be an agm position open in the future I just know it. Avalen wont be on anytime soon or ever again if sivastion dosent log on. Which IS a crying shame. I LOVE Sivastions and Avalens rp. Their some of the best rped clergy when it comes to clergy ---> .
And Not only was this sermon topic ooc but Tatiana made the post on the faith board and town board RIGHT after I called her out on the boards here, and not only that but the topic is about EXACTLY what my topic was.
Is this just odd coinsidance? Hardly, and I am sure a lot can agree with me on this one.

Now Im going to leave it at this for now because im to tired to rip on it anymore. I think its OBVIOUS that this was in direct relation to OOC postes here. And no Real rp was circled around it, And im not going to even go into some of the characters that randomly showed up to tats sermon and not the other sermons that have been given in the past. another coinsidance? Nope, I dont think so. But again that part is just speculation on my part, which I really am hardly ever to far off in that.
Back to top Go down
https://nw-y.forumotion.com
netjester

PostSubject: Re: What I mean by OOC to IC   What I mean by OOC to IC EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 10:56 am

What is your point?
Back to top Go down
G-dog

PostSubject: Re: What I mean by OOC to IC   What I mean by OOC to IC EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 12:29 pm

It's a fair point made. If you are tired and frustrated with the playerbase OOC, and your grievances are with players OOC being lazy, uninvolved, and inactive, it's not okay to pull your OOC frustrations IC, with the excuse that "my character would be pissed off about this, too," and deliver some lecture that seems to come out of the blue. Our characters live in a world where people "sleep" or "leave town" for months at a time, if not longer. Where people have been pretty apathetic about just about everything there is to be apathetic about for just about as long as the mud has existed. Our characters have been getting along in this world just fine the way things are and always have been. They only get pissed off and deliver lectures about this issue when the players behind them are tired of it and pissed off. That's OOC.

If you're tired of the game or pissed at the other players OOC, log out and take a break. Don't manifest your OOC frustrations IC. If your character feels exactly the same way you do about an issue and starts taking action IC to promote your OOC desires, there's a good chance you've left the realm of roleplaying.
Back to top Go down
Bane

PostSubject: Re: What I mean by OOC to IC   What I mean by OOC to IC EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 12:29 pm

Quote :
What is your point?

Are you really that stupid you don't know? Please, no one tell him and make the 10 year old read it again.

-Bane, Teacher of the Uneducated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What I mean by OOC to IC   What I mean by OOC to IC Empty

Back to top Go down

What I mean by OOC to IC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NW-Y. :: Other. :: The flame zone.-
Jump to: