NW-Y.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NW-Y.

WE HAVE MOVED! JOIN US AT NEWAY.PUREFORUM.NET!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is appropriate in a flame thread exactly?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Joker

Joker

What is appropriate in a flame thread exactly? Empty
PostSubject: What is appropriate in a flame thread exactly?   What is appropriate in a flame thread exactly? EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 5:10 pm

Deleting posts for vulgarity? Who decided your morality is the deciding factor in what can or can't be displayed on a flame thread?

Let people show their ignorance, vulgarity, stupidity, whatever. Let the rest of US decide what we find offensive, eh? That's the whole point of free speech, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
renslady

renslady

PostSubject: Re: What is appropriate in a flame thread exactly?   What is appropriate in a flame thread exactly? EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 5:38 pm

I can't speak for why Harpy deleted her post, I however deleted a post that merely stated 'so and so is a (insert vulgar word here). It had no substance other than to make that one comment for the sake of being able to show off that they know a curse word. I mean we could open a topic called 'curse someone out' but that's not what flaming is. I mean we can all sit here and sling big curse words back and forth all night but I still dont see how that's considered 'flaming'
Back to top Go down
Joker

Joker

PostSubject: Re: What is appropriate in a flame thread exactly?   What is appropriate in a flame thread exactly? EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 9:22 pm

If you'll check out wikipedia, you'll find this definition:

Quote :
Flaming is a hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users. Flaming usually occurs in the social context of a discussion board, Internet Relay Chat (IRC) or even through e-mail. An Internet user typically generates a flame response to other posts or users posting on a site, and such a response is usually not constructive, does not clarify a discussion, and does not persuade others.

Calling someone a bitch or worse fits. And by deleting it, you're taking away our chance to rip into the idiot for such a weak flame.

Stop stealing our options!
Back to top Go down
Random

PostSubject: Re: What is appropriate in a flame thread exactly?   What is appropriate in a flame thread exactly? EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 6:27 am

Actually, you moron, (singling out renslady here) the post consisted of a protest against the deletion of my previous post which was a systematic analysis of Admin's contributions to the discussion with a conclusion that referred to him as a 'bitch' if I remember correctly.

The other part was a single phrase which expressed my frustrations towards the meaningless censorship which I believed, and still believe, to be caused by my criticizing Harpie's ability to maintain the distinction between IC and OOC.

The phrase was concise and labeled Harpie as a 'bitch', yet again.

So as to remain impartial, I must likewise address you, renslady: 'wtf what kind of a shitty forum is this? You have rules, go learn how to read, bitch, and stop acting the big, fat kid in the sandbox just because you are a socially insecure idiot in your monotonous quotidian existence, dumbass.'

Not only did I contribute to your shitty website and sparked the most intense, if lame, discussion you ever had and probably will ever fucking have, but I also watered down my language just for you. Is 'fuck' too explicit a word for you or did 'bitch' touch a nerve? If so, you should have talked it out like adults instead of deleting posts for no real reason at all.
Back to top Go down
renslady

renslady

PostSubject: Re: What is appropriate in a flame thread exactly?   What is appropriate in a flame thread exactly? EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 7:03 am

Random wrote:
So as to remain impartial, I must likewise address you, renslady: 'wtf what kind of a shitty forum is this? You have rules, go learn how to read, bitch, and stop acting the big, fat kid in the sandbox just because you are a socially insecure idiot in your monotonous quotidian existence, dumbass.'.

LOL! -I'm- socially insecure? This coming from someone who can only speak if every other word out of their mouth is "fuck" and "bitch"? Those who are socially insecure usually throw tantrums , with lots of cursing involved because they crave attention. Now who does that sound like?
Back to top Go down
Random

PostSubject: Re: What is appropriate in a flame thread exactly?   What is appropriate in a flame thread exactly? EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 7:13 am

Touched a nerve there? So sorry.

Face up, you took it personally just like you did now, then deleted the posts saying they were irrelevant. If you don't like flames, wtf are you doing in the flame section?

If you don't like the heat, stay out of the fucking oven.

If you can't walk the walk, then don't talk the talk.

My reaction? Carebear stare.

Got the point or do I need to spoon feed you some more lame phrases tailored for you braindead llamas? Go meditate on it while you sulk in your fatty Cheetos.
Back to top Go down
renslady

renslady

PostSubject: Re: What is appropriate in a flame thread exactly?   What is appropriate in a flame thread exactly? EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 7:41 am

Random wrote:
Face up, you took it personally just like you did now, then deleted the posts saying they were irrelevant. If you don't like flames, wtf are you doing in the flame section?

Do you even read anything posted here? I didnt erase a comment on myself , fucktart. I erased one about Harpy.She deleted one regarding Admin..so what is there to take personally?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What is appropriate in a flame thread exactly?   What is appropriate in a flame thread exactly? EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 9:03 am

A)
[quote="Random"]Touched a nerve there? So sorry.

Face up, you took it personally just like you did now, then deleted the posts saying they were irrelevant. If you don't like flames, wtf are you doing in the flame section?[quote]

lol lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Dude, your not even reading what you wrote.

1) How can someone Not take you calling them a name, like, Bitch, Ass, Cunt, etc etc personally?
By the vary nature of it, thats how its ment.

B)

Quote :
Not only did I contribute to your shitty website and sparked the most intense, if lame, discussion you ever had and probably will ever fucking have

2)To this all I have to say is LOL! No but really, you didnt spark anything as I remember. One I posted that topic and two you didnt make the first post itsnt even close to being yours. Corse I am sure we can all read over the seven pages of text and see just howmuch Your posts really contruibuted. (which was hardly anything at all if not a good hardy laugh for me and others im sure.) About the only thing your posts did was give me something to tear apart without putting even the slightest amount of thought into what i had to say.

Man, you crack me up a hellava lot lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Dont worry, I wont delete any of your posts, I love poking fun of your lame writtings to much to even think about getting rid of my fun.\

Rob
Back to top Go down
https://nw-y.forumotion.com
netjester

PostSubject: Re: What is appropriate in a flame thread exactly?   What is appropriate in a flame thread exactly? EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 9:11 am

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
Back to top Go down
netjester

PostSubject: Re: What is appropriate in a flame thread exactly?   What is appropriate in a flame thread exactly? EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 9:17 am

The issue here is.. That you invite people to post on this fan site. You enforce rules and when these rules are followed posts are deleted.

A post is then thrown up in regards to acceptable language. There's no definitive list of ok and not ok words.. At that point we're assumed to take on the good will of the "Admin" and hope our posts won't be removed.

Perhaps, I missed the point of NWY I thought it was the next step after NWX. Which I'll remind you was a place where you could say what you wanted about what you wanted. No censorship, No risk of your post being deleted and no risk of being banned.

Its murky water when you start deleting posts due to inappropriate language without defining it.
Because then we're at the point where you guys decide any words inappropriate and delete posts. (we've no way of verifying the post content because you deleted it).

At that point, You've missed the point and the sites lost its integrity. NWX was full of profanity and abuse and that was unfortunate. But at least you knew you could take a pop at me or any of the other staff and you wouldn't be silenced.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What is appropriate in a flame thread exactly?   What is appropriate in a flame thread exactly? EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 9:24 am

I am going to ask Admin NOT to delete anything under the Other. section of this site.

There Is NO MOD there for a reason guys. Its ok, I will take the flak for it this time.
But please let them make themselfs looks stupid.

Thanks Rob
Back to top Go down
https://nw-y.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is appropriate in a flame thread exactly?   What is appropriate in a flame thread exactly? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is appropriate in a flame thread exactly?
Page 1 of 1