NW-Y.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NW-Y.

WE HAVE MOVED! JOIN US AT NEWAY.PUREFORUM.NET!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

lol lame steal, weak try.

Go down 
+4
Harpy
Abraxis
renslady
Admin
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
renslady

renslady

lol lame steal, weak try. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: lol lame steal, weak try.   lol lame steal, weak try. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 5:42 am

I think there's actually a lot of relevance to the "You are not your character" that's been brought up here often enough.

Why has there been pages of posts here? Because people (myself included) get caught up in their chars, their chars lives, emotions, and then any form of criticism becomes not against one's char..but against oneself. People take it personally, get overly upset over a game. Games have winners and losers...sometimes you might win..sometimes you might lose. In most games, the point isnt to win or lose but to have fun.

But MUD's are different because everyone is -expected- to pitch in, in some way..to "enhance" the experience of others, a 'team' effort , if you will. But who's opinion is it that matters? Is it mine, if I personally like the interactions of my char and Izanagi's? Is it the poor sap who got the crap beat out of him because he looked the wrong way at Fayebeth? Is it the grinning assassin who killed Izanagi for beating on that poor sap?

Again ...and because it now bears repeating: You are not your character...when you log off NW after 48 hours of straight playing..you are ..at the end of it all...still you.
Back to top Go down
Joker

Joker

PostSubject: Re: lol lame steal, weak try.   lol lame steal, weak try. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 8:48 am

I've been skimming over this thread for a while, refraining from comment. But there are several points I want to address:

1. Just because I play a conniving, scheming prick in game it does not follow that I must be one in real life. In this game alone I've played at least half a dozen characters, none of them really like each other (do you really think for instance a squirrel-loving bardling has anything to do with Arden?), based sometimes on people I know, sometimes on what I'd do if I were them, sometimes just on a concept. Or do you really think I'm some kind of schizophrenic madman, projecting myself into all these characters?

2. Izanagi and Lynksil are not different. They're the same damned character, they do the same bonehead shit, they both act and react without any concern for the consequences, spouting off in prideful arrogant challenges. That's why it's so obvious who plays them.

3. This whole thread isn't a flame, it's just a gripe session.

4. Sivastion's player isn't going to have a PhD for at least 7 years (but he found the statement from you to be hilarious lol!).

5. Is Arden so totally invisible that you forgot he's one of those damned Dahks? Surely you can think up something negative to say about him, too. The boy would hate to think he's been so obscure that you forgot him.

6. Why did you feel the need to make me into a forum mod when I first signed up? I never asked for it. And while we're at it, why did you erase the note I put up asking you to remove me as one? I WANTED people to know I didn't ask to be a forum moderator here.

When Izanagi is inevitably accepted as a Dahkoarim, no one in game is going to take the faith seriously any more. Too many people see the character as a moron.

And to keep this topic flame - Dude, the height of your RP 1337 skilz is you whipping out your dick and taking a piss off the cottage balcony, then being "surprised" to see another character is sitting there when he'd been in the room since before you walked in? wtf?
Back to top Go down
renslady

renslady

PostSubject: Re: lol lame steal, weak try.   lol lame steal, weak try. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 9:42 am

Would it suprise you to know that there were some of the Dahkoarim who actually welcomed Izanagi into the faith? And I'm not talking about just Fayebeth obviously. Again..I dont know why the -only- gripe anyone has is with Izanagi when I see others of the faith doing/saying things that reflect just as poorly as anything Izanagi could have done. And ...is doing something that may seem offensive to some, better than simply sitting on one's ass and doing nothing at all for the faith??

P.S. It was me who deleted your post asking to be removed as a Moderator. I did so because I asked why you didnt just PM Rob to remove you, got no reply. Had I known it was because you didnt want anyone to think that you might be his "friend" I'd have left it stay. I did however forward your request to Rob in an effort to see if there's a way to restore the post.
Back to top Go down
desenchanter

PostSubject: Re: lol lame steal, weak try.   lol lame steal, weak try. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 11:50 am

desenchanter wrote:
Because like I said before, it is YOU that is crippling the Dahkoar faith right now, and it's a bloody shame that Faye can't see that any credibility she might have diminishes every time Izanagi opens his mouth.

Just to quote what I said many posts back, so I can chuckle at every post Fayebeth has made since. It IS a bloody shame, because obviously she's seriously in denial even though basically everyone BUT her and Izanagi posting here has told her how others see it.

We're not saying it to be nasty to the player of Fayebeth, we're hopefully just trying to get her to some realisation that while that husband of hers is left without a leash, the Dahkoar will NEVER be taken seriously as a guild, as a faith. Sure.. there's lots everyone could be doing, but who wants to rp with idiots? Like someone posted previously... it's chatroom RP; it really doesn't endear you to the faith. The Sithys/Ashira years may have been OOC driven or w/e the opinion was of it all (I only played a dahk in their first months of taking over, so I don't know), but at least they could roleplay, and roleplay well.

The Dahk faith could, and SHOULD be the coolest guild around, sooo much potential, but right now its sinking fast... and I don't need to reiterate WHY.

Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
renslady

renslady

PostSubject: Re: lol lame steal, weak try.   lol lame steal, weak try. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 12:14 pm

Maybe I just dont understand how constant jokes on sex and tits makes the faith look serious as with the rp I've seen with Aithne and Tatiana. The talk of sexual innuendos, body parts, gets a bit tedious when you do it for ooc snickers.

But again..you're right..people dont want to rp with idiots.
Rolling Eyes

Last edited by renslady on Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
desenchanter

PostSubject: Re: lol lame steal, weak try.   lol lame steal, weak try. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 12:19 pm

Ah yes.. have a dig at something I never said nor did yet was merely present for? I'm not even IN the faith. Nice try though. Laughing You'd already stated you enjoy Tatiana's rp and had nothing bad to say about her.... yet use her to lash out at me when all other arguments fail?

Ooookay. Very Happy

Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
renslady

renslady

PostSubject: Re: lol lame steal, weak try.   lol lame steal, weak try. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 12:22 pm

Not lashing out , trying to have you clarify why its okay to rp with a "Priestess" of Dahkoar about sex over and over , and yet not ok to rp with Izanagi....Or maybe you have no good reason other than being friends with one oocly.
Back to top Go down
desenchanter

PostSubject: Re: lol lame steal, weak try.   lol lame steal, weak try. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 12:35 pm

renslady wrote:
Not lashing out , trying to have you clarify why its okay to rp with a "Priestess" of Dahkoar about sex over and over , and yet not ok to rp with Izanagi....Or maybe you have no good reason other than being friends with one oocly.

*chuckles*

I have RP'd with you -how- many times since my return? Three.. four? If that.. and even then it was passing conversations and not RP as such. None of those times has Aithne mentioned sex nor done anything sexual. Other than being present when Tatiana said her tits would look good, or w/e she said and my laughing and agreeing.

I think you'd be surprised what sort of RP Aithne and Tatiana have when not in the public eye. Screens full of long, well-described emotes that have sod all to do with sex. And just to clarify I think you'll find that we are OOC friends BECAUSE we are IC friends, NOT the other way round. Like I've said before.. When I came back to the game I'd not even spoken to Tatiana OOCly for months, if not years.

Trying to twist this back on me aint gonna work I'm afraid. Sleep
Back to top Go down
renslady

renslady

PostSubject: Re: lol lame steal, weak try.   lol lame steal, weak try. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 12:52 pm

desenchanter wrote:
renslady wrote:

I think you'd be surprised what sort of RP Aithne and Tatiana have when not in the public eye.

Wow..hostile much? But really, your above comment shows me that you both act different when in the 'public eye' then when not. All I'm saying,( if you take away the names and just read the content for what it is) is that it's merely -your- own opinion of Izanagi and your -own- opinion of what's amusing to you and whats not amusing to you. Really, I dont know why there's a need to point fingers at one person without looking inwardly ..unless you THINK you're an elite rp'er like most others who've been posting.
Back to top Go down
netjester

PostSubject: Re: lol lame steal, weak try.   lol lame steal, weak try. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 1:24 pm

Let's have a list of these so-called elite role players then!
Back to top Go down
renslady

renslady

PostSubject: Re: lol lame steal, weak try.   lol lame steal, weak try. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 1:31 pm

Well obviously if all anyone can do is bitch about how poorly others rp, then they must think that theirs is just perfect..otherwise they'd not bitch but rather reflect on ways if improving their own rp. Dont think names need to be announced when all one has to do is...read...

I dont mean to get heated on this topic, really..but it seems thats all this topic has come to. People bitching on one person's rp over and over as if theirs is enough to earn all players pb's for a year.
Back to top Go down
netjester

PostSubject: Re: lol lame steal, weak try.   lol lame steal, weak try. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 1:43 pm

There is a need. When you try and coin it as an insult and ambiguously refer to a group there's a need. If you want to make a dig make it!

Last edited by netjester on Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Random

PostSubject: Re: lol lame steal, weak try.   lol lame steal, weak try. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 1:43 pm

[quote"renslady"]Well obviously if all anyone can do is bitch about how poorly others rp, then they must think that theirs is just perfect..otherwise they'd not bitch but rather reflect on ways if improving their own rp. Dont think names need to be announced when all one has to do is...read...[/quote]

Tell that to this guy:

Admin wrote:

Someone reaching a bit far?

I personaly think its both childish and lame, taking something thats already set and been done and just adding the word light to it. Cant you come up with your own ideas? or is that to much to ask?

Also, if someone's RP is shit and they start playing the connoisseur, it's expected that you do the manly thing of telling them the truth: that they're shit at playing the game.

Quote :
Let's have a list of these so-called elite role players then!

Anyone who's part of the, quote, 10% that have seen the deep side of Izanagi have obviously realized the TRUTH by now and have become good RPers. We should all JOIN them and listen to the TRUTH as spoken by Admin. He is greater than us as he is Albert Einstein reincarnate. KNOW the TRUTH!

If by elite, you mean those who play it too cool to hang around Izanagi, then you can just look at the, quote, 90% of the players that have only seen his shitty, chatroom persona.

And that invitation still stands for you, Admin. If you want to chat, try mIRC. People there will appreciate your insight and mastery of the language.
Back to top Go down
desenchanter

PostSubject: Re: lol lame steal, weak try.   lol lame steal, weak try. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 1:44 pm

renslady wrote:
Wow..hostile much? But really, your above comment shows me that you both act different when in the 'public eye' then when not. All I'm saying,( if you take away the names and just read the content for what it is) is that it's merely -your- own opinion of Izanagi and your -own- opinion of what's amusing to you and whats not amusing to you. Really, I dont know why there's a need to point fingers at one person without looking inwardly ..unless you THINK you're an elite rp'er like most others who've been posting.

Hostile? Nope.. not at all actually. I just found it funny that you were singling out MY comments when at least three or four others had said the same thing. I'm not part of the faith and you've not roleplayed with me, so you can't really bring my character into question regarding the state of the faith as it stands now.

And if you're basing opinion of Aithne from the bullshit I talk on Chat..well.. what can I say other than to quote those immortal words: YOU ARE NOT YOUR FUCKING CHARACTER

....... and nor am I.

And as for acting differently in the public eye? No, not at all.. what I actually meant was that when we're alone we do huge ass emotes that really just wouldn't sit well in a crowded place. Our characters are the same wherever they are.

I don't think I'm elite, nope not at all. And I think I can safely point fingers at that one person without needing to look inwardly being that I am not part of the problem in question. I'm actually on the outside looking in..............and looking into a situation that I would avoid like the plague -because- of said person. And I'm not the only one.
Back to top Go down
desenchanter

PostSubject: Re: lol lame steal, weak try.   lol lame steal, weak try. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 2:29 pm

You know..... This last turn in the conversation had me thinking. You commented about how Aithne has a dirty mind, all the innuendo and so on. She gets that from ME, that's one of the things, like Izanagi mentioned earlier, that you bring along to your characters.

I admit to it. I don't separate that side of me from her. But then.. when you look at my other chars.... Kiska... Maire... Saoirse... Koko... not ONE of those is the same. (okay okay so I didn't add Cian to that list, any of you who remember him will only bitch at me for doing so Wink )

I've sat here so many times defending the untrue way the public sees/has seen Aithne, simply because of that dirty mind, and it made me (gawds I can't believe I am about to say this) identify with Izanagi in some way.

Maybe you DO genuinely feel that you're taken the wrong way, that there IS more to Izanagi than meets the public eye.

I really hope that there is. And IF there is... then can you at least try to understand that we're not bitching about him because it's fun and because we're mean.. it's because we do -GENUINELY- feel there's a problem, that is easily remedied.

If, back when I was GM, I had been told that how Aithne acts was making my whole guild look bad, that it was scaring people from the guild and from wanting to BE in the guild...I would have taken those words into consideration, no matter how indignant I may have been that she was simply misunderstood (cos ya know.. she IS Razz )

I might have argued back, denied it, and shouted, "She's misunderstood!", but you know...I would like to think I would have LISTENED TO THE MAJORITY... and set out to right those wrongs and misconceptions.
Back to top Go down
renslady

renslady

PostSubject: Re: lol lame steal, weak try.   lol lame steal, weak try. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 2:49 pm

In my and -only- my opinion here...not trying to speak for the majority who obv feel differently...There is another side to Izanagi. Icly Scynt has made mention of it once or twice. Do I think that Izanagi mostly shows a side that some would find offensive? Yes..but that's done purposely for ic reasons. When you actually get to sit, or borg or talk to Izanagi , the char, there is more to him than what he shows.

There's proof of this in the friends that Izanagi has icly. Sano, Malwen, Benet, Syogen, etc (yes there are several more). He's not a twink that people ignore because they have no purpose or depth. I've rp'd with him obv, out of the public eye and there've been lengthy , serious emote filled talks. Again, this is my opinion and I dont expect anyone to back it up, but I rp with Izanagi because I enjoy it , because I see the other sides that people who chuck him away like trash, dont. Because he's genuinely got good ideas, and plans , and long term goals as his char that include faith things as well.

The good thing about NW is that we -can- pick and choose who we rp with. I choose to rp with Rob , and will continue to do so because it's fun and because I feel it fits in with my char very well despite what anyone might claim here. So flame on, keep it coming if it makes you feel better to do so, I'm quite happy where I'm at.

And thank you Aithne for taking the moment to try to understand what I'm saying...your post kind of hit spot on.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: lol lame steal, weak try.   lol lame steal, weak try. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 4:48 pm

heh, ok so here we go again. This will be hopefully my last post in regards to this thread.
(hopefully)

Well start in order.

Starting with is Netjester

Quote :
Its your opinion that because Torin lies IC he must lie OOC.
You could be right. Torin could be a compulsive bullshitter and thus a liar IC and OOC

But its still not a fact that because he lies IC he lies OOC

Yes it is, and no Its not a fact but a vary good probability.
However I notice that There is no arguing the rest.

Point Jester!

Next is Random, with.

Quote :
Don't insult me, bitch

Come now no need to be saying such things, bitch is a bit weak, and only used as a last resort.

Quote :
Oh? So his weakness is getting off on text? You're revolutionizing psychology here, not to mention the pr0n industry

To this I have only one word to say. Smut.

Quote :
This can't excuse you if your character=you. Read before clicking on the Send button, really now.

Quote: Admin
You are a product of your experiences. And no one has the same ones within one life time. You are you, and your character is not real at all, they do Not experience things the way you have because of this fact. There is just no way that they can, and no way that you can feel the things that you rp them through as you have in real life. /

Oh? But that's what RP is all fucking about, you twit. I'll quote the 'It's me!' idiot and remark on how you're giving shit away without realizing it i.e. that you're a shitty RPer.

This one is a joke in and of itself. Ill let you figure out the why.

*Chuckles*
Quote :
This is why it is 100% possable for someone's character to have a trait that is found within its creator.
To this Random had to say,
Quote :
Yeah, that's certainly a definite maybe right there, you 100% possible idiot you.

I said possible not probable. Look it up man. And again, Even I see where someone could think that you and I where one in the same. But alas we are not.

Quote :
BELIEVE in me! REPENT thy sins! Let me SAVE you from your IGNORANCE! You know what, you're right. The masses shouldn't be allowed to have a say in anything. You have the ultimate truth in your mind. You're better than them. Much better. They're just worms while you're so brilliant, you shiny epitome of shitty RP

I never said that you HAD to believe me, but I did say that You would not. And if I didnt believe in free speech do you think I would have let all these posts against me stand undeletted? I do believe in free speach, free exchange of ideas and your right to remain anon. Hence this site.

Quote :
Just goes to show how much of an idiot you really are and if I were you, I'd put my thinking hat on and read over everything said in this topic carefully because continuing down the aisle of stupid you set yourself down on.

lol!

You are cute.

Next up is Joker.

Quote :
. Just because I play a conniving, scheming prick in game it does not follow that I must be one in real life. In this game alone I've played at least half a dozen characters, none of them really like each other (do you really think for instance a squirrel-loving bardling has anything to do with Arden?), based sometimes on people I know, sometimes on what I'd do if I were them, sometimes just on a concept. Or do you really think I'm some kind of schizophrenic madman, projecting myself into all these characters?

Again I did NOT say that ones character is exactly like the player or visa versa, but rather that they have the possibility to share a single trait with eachother. That is a fact. You say so within this vary quote in a fashion.

Quote :
2. Izanagi and Lynksil are not different. They're the same damned character, they do the same bonehead shit, they both act and react without any concern for the consequences, spouting off in prideful arrogant challenges. That's why it's so obvious who plays them.

I thought about only adressing the fact that YOU really had no idea that lynksil was my character and stating the fact that I had spoken with you in aim about merchant things for iz a good many times and some other things that had to do with descriptions. And yet your character let mine into his clan, without you knowing that he was mine untill after the fact when I had said something on Aim. You where even surprised.

But then I thought that you had a point. However lynk only acted in that way after he felt he was backstabed by his closest friends and family.Lynk on many accounts saved your charactrs clan from disbanding. Erendeth, Tethra, and Kalisha all three had almost left a number of times but Twas lynk that had changed that. And I am sure if you ask them here, (which I am sure they have read at least one post here or will now) they will admit to this as being fact. So, if my roleplay is so god damed horrid why in the hell did you let your character take him into his clan?

Quote :
4. Sivastion's player isn't going to have a PhD for at least 7 years (but he found the statement from you to be hilarious ).

Ah I see, so I was Wrong. Ok. Well the fact that he dose not have his phd dose not change the field in which he was seeking one. And thusly the example still hass merrit, and stands firm.

Quote :
5. Is Arden so totally invisible that you forgot he's one of those damned Dahks? Surely you can think up something negative to say about him, too. The boy would hate to think he's been so obscure that you forgot him.

This is a good prime example of what I am talking about, when I speak of sharing traits. Smile

Quote :
6. Why did you feel the need to make me into a forum mod when I first signed up? I never asked for it. And while we're at it, why did you erase the note I put up asking you to remove me as one? I WANTED people to know I didn't ask to be a forum moderator here.

Yes you are right, that was my fault. I forced something onto you that you did not ask and obviously did not want.

and for that I am sorry.

To clear the air to everyone else, just incase you missed it just now.

Joker has nothing to do with this site, other than the posts she makes. And Never Asked Me to be a Mod here or apart of the team. She Dose not want to be thought of as have being such.

And on that note, I would also like to make something else clear. Harpy and I do NOT see eye to eye. And I do not really like her all that much, however I do respect her, because she put the bullshit aside and asked to be admin here, and so she is. Why I dont know, and dont care. I still respect her.

Quote :
Dude, the height of your RP 1337 skilz is you whipping out your dick and taking a piss off the cottage balcony, then being "surprised" to see another character is sitting there when he'd been in the room since before you walked in? wtf?

Well nice jab, but i never claimed to be leet or eliete ever.

And on that comment.

Arden asked to use beth's and iz's cottage's back portch. Which he did he went into that 'room' and loged (for all I know, I can not read minds (see tells) and thusly cant say for sure. but outwordly he was silent and still) there for a long enough time for beth and iz to have sex. which on the avarage takes about two hours.

A) Izzys mind was on other things during that time and forgot about Arden all together.
2. Even if he had not, the fact stil remains that Arden could have left without saying anything, via the front door. or just hoping over the rail and taking a stroll on the beach so its not a far cry to have had what happend happen irl. Again they are both male and I have had to stand beside another man and take a wiz, its not a big deal to a normal dude. Then again you are playing a genderbender and it might have been looked at differently by a woman. Again, proving some things I have been saying all along.

Anyways moving on to the next post on my list.
Desenchanter.

Quote :
basically everyone BUT her and Izanagi posting here has told her how others see it.

You are right! All five people on here! Woot go you! But really, you can not take the views of the few and say that it is the consensus. Dua. Let every post and person that posts it speak for it's and themselfs.

Quote :
while that husband of hers is left without a leash

there is no leash law that I know of in Gahlen or NWA for that matter Razz
And he dose have limits to what he dose. hes not as wiled as he USED TO BE.

Quote :
I'm not even IN the faith. Nice try though. You'd already stated you enjoy Tatiana's rp and had nothing bad to say about her.... yet use her to lash out at me when all other arguments fail?

This is funny because As much as people might not like iz he IS NOT IN THE faith either. And has said so on a GREAT many accounts. Its gotten to the point where he says it every time he has to open his mouth to speak.
The situation is the same, the names are not.

Quote :
chuckles*

I have RP'd with you -how- many times since my return? Three.. four? If that.. and even then it was passing conversations and not RP as such. None of those times has Aithne mentioned sex nor done anything sexual. Other than being present when Tatiana said her tits would look good, or w/e she said and my laughing and agreeing.

I think you'd be surprised what sort of RP Aithne and Tatiana have when not in the public eye. Screens full of long, well-described emotes that have sod all to do with sex. And just to clarify I think you'll find that we are OOC friends BECAUSE we are IC friends, NOT the other way round. Like I've said before.. When I came back to the game I'd not even spoken to Tatiana OOCly for months, if not years

Do you just hold yourself to that standerd and judge everyone else differently?
Because from the last two quotes you are in direct opposition to what you have been bashing on me and my character for in the past, howmany posts now?

lol!

A few of Jesters posts, not worth mention.

So we move on to the next.
Random again.

Quote :
He is greater than us as he is Albert Einstein reincarnate. KNOW the TRUTH!

Lol, your so damed cute when your ranting with no good points. I never said I was, and have already explained this.

Sorry to keep quoting you Desenchanter but you have had the most posts since my last post.

Quote :
I'm not part of the faith and you've not roleplayed with me, so you can't really bring my character into question regarding the state of the faith as it stands now.

Again, just replace the name athi with iz. see double standerds.
or failuer to admit it.

Quote :
And if you're basing opinion of Aithne from the bullshit I talk on Chat..well.. what can I say other than to quote those immortal words: YOU ARE NOT YOUR FUCKING CHARACTER

Such is the truth, yet here we are.

Quote :
If, back when I was GM, I had been told that how Aithne acts was making my whole guild look bad, that it was scaring people from the guild and from wanting to BE in the guild...I would have taken those words into consideration, no matter how indignant I may have been that she was simply misunderstood (cos ya know.. she IS )

That depends if you where making your character like that on purpose or not.

Quote :
but you know...I would like to think I would have LISTENED TO THE MAJORITY... and set out to right those wrongs and misconceptions

By majority you are including who now? the what six on here? Out of howmany players on NWA?

But I have to commend you on at least keeping an open mind in the end.

*whew*

that was not nearly as long as I was going to make it and I skiped over a lot to keep it short. But you get the idea.

free speach, free exchange of thoughts, free love!

Rob flower
Back to top Go down
https://nw-y.forumotion.com
Harpy

Harpy

PostSubject: Re: lol lame steal, weak try.   lol lame steal, weak try. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 5:45 pm

Dear god you people are long winded.

I want to make something clear. I can quite easily tell you why Tatiana said in the tavern about her tits looking great in that dress. I can tell you easily that it is not an OOC reason at all but an IC one. I can continue on and point out the differences between Isidora and Tatiana, the different psyches they each have and some of the similiarties they have as well.

However, I am not going to.

Aithne is right, from the time I have known her (even in ThreshX days), she has spent a LOT of time defending her character and what her character does to a bunch of anonymous ass holes who have -something- against her character but lack the backbone and the balls to state who they are or even try to actually talk to her about it before making accusations. And I also know how irritating (among other descriptive words) it made her because she really hated how Aithe was misunderstood and how it seemed like everyone just flat out hated the character because of that.

And that.. Is why I do not explain my characters too much on places like this. You have a question about something any of my chars have done, please feel free to talk to me. I will explain it to you and if it is prompted by OOC things, I will even admit it and shuffle a bit uncomfortably because I am -not- perfect.

Isidora is a -very- well thought out character of mine. She is extremely in depth and everything she does there is a reason for. She doesn't seem like the perfect Waylumi, I will never say she is, but there are those who have had a lot of problems with her who actually came to me IC or OOCly and asked me about what she does and we have ironed things out.

I never created a character to win a popularity contest. I never ever would expect to be universally loved. And honestly, I don't give too much of a rats ass what any of you think about her. I do admit that I boggle like crazy at some of the crap people pull out of their ass and insist on, but still..

So, my whole point to this (and sorry it took so long) is screw them. Do -not- feel like you have to explain your character. If you really want to, go for it. But people will be asses irregardless of what you say. I have stated this many times before, but NWs players tend to have an issue with depth. They want to pigeon hole characters and have a hard time understanding there is any depth to them. Well, screw them. If you know your character and you know there is more to them than a bunch of people say, then that is what matters. But you also may want to take a tiny look at what they are saying and see if there is someway you may want to adjust.

It is up to you, but do not feel like you have to justify everything your character does. If people really have an ounce of intelligence and care instead of are simply looking for something to bitch about, they can approach you and ask politely instead of accuse.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: lol lame steal, weak try.   lol lame steal, weak try. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 6:46 pm

I must be loosing my mind, because that almost sounded like it was towards me...But that couldnt be. We hate eachother. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Neleron

PostSubject: Re: lol lame steal, weak try.   lol lame steal, weak try. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 7:02 pm

I made a character to win popularity contests. Second highest stat = Charisma. Nel is a legend, eh?

Seriously though, not bothering too much here. First post in a while, last post for a while. Didn't even read the entire topic.

Yes. We stole the date on purpose. Hah. Events were just the norm. Credit goes to my AGM for running a lot of it.

No. Myself and Becky don't talk religion. We talk RL, and occasionally we discuss the Guardians. She's still the clan chief, after all. Believe that or not, I don't really care that much what you think.

Izanagi. Hehe. Nel wanted to plan his own private celebration when you two got married. I also wanted to thank Avalen. Point? If not, then let me confirm. You'll note the large number of hopefuls. If you're paying attention. I've had several tell me that Izanagi turned them off even CONTEMPLATING joining the Dahks. He's one of the most seen 'Dahks' (religious or not, you're married to the HP) and I can only say one thing to you:

Thanks!

Deep character? Deluded player. Credit to Felice for that. I prefer harsh truth. Discussion IC recently with one of those aforementioned hopefuls was about truth, honesty, etc. Honesty can help, make a person strive to get better. Might dishearten too, but an acceptable risk, imo. Better tell the harsh truth and risk upset than build ego's with BS but see absolutely no improvement.

Izanagi. You're a player that tries. You're an idiot, but that still counts for something, even if its not much. People will say you are crap. People will say you are great. If you have an ounce of sense, you'll ignore both and instead look for something constructive. You're not great. Don't fool yourself. I'm not great. I try not to fool myself. Use a clear line of sight to try get better.

Strange post. But I needed to address what I considered a personal slur - that I use Becky for information on the Dahks. Precisely what information do I need for an inside look? I've been playing for more than four and a half years now. There's less to know about you lot now than there was when Avalen disappeared and no new GM was made for months.

People need to get over themselves. Conspiracy theories are not conspiracy facts. Give people more credit. If intelligence is hidden somewhere behind the facade, use it for the first time in your gaming life.

Ever charming,

P.S. Oh. You have competition. NWX is coming back, methinks. Says something about how amazing this forum is doing. Beyond your moronic topic here, it hasn't achieved all you claimed it would.
Back to top Go down
renslady

renslady

PostSubject: Re: lol lame steal, weak try.   lol lame steal, weak try. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 7:48 pm

I dont remember anyone claiming this forum would -do- anything other than give a venting place for NW. But that's beside the point. I dont know why anyone would refuse to join a faith over someone who's not even involved in the faith. That simply tells me that people are using OOC judgements to guide what their char would naturally do. For me I'd rather be involved icly with a faith who doesnt preach love and compassion and then two of their members cheat with each other ie:Ather and Majii. What a shining faith to join when you have faithful who are bullies, loudmouths, and unfaithful. Icly that would make no sense if not for ooc grudges or maybe dislike or people chattering in Aim.

As for when or how often you'll view this site..dont think anyone asked...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: lol lame steal, weak try.   lol lame steal, weak try. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 9:06 pm

Neleron wrote:

No. Myself and Becky don't talk religion. We talk RL, and occasionally we discuss the Guardians. She's still the clan chief, after all. Believe that or not, I don't really care that much what you think.

So you admit that you do care somewhat.

Anyways Its not really a big deal to me, I just thought that I would point out to people that They are not as sweet ass as they Think they are. I never claimed to be smart, or a good rper, and I already said that several times.

I did say my characters has depth. And its been affermed by a good deal of players.

Erendeth And Tethera being two vary solid rpers that had thought so.

Do I need your approval somehow? Nope. Not in the least

As for your large number of hopefuls, they are mostly older players just starting new alts. As for some of the dahks new hopefuls they are NEW players to NWA. What dose that tell you?

Meh. Again I really dont think it matters what I say here, you all have your own thoughts and ideas. And Im not out to change them fully. But just defend myself against what is an attack against my rp and at the same time open your minds to see things a bit wider. Athi for one has reconsiderd some things it seems.

Now, My grammer and spelling is nasty. Yes. I know this. Sadly its been this way since I was young. And have had a good deal of classes and teachers to help me get even this far. But I am by no means dumb.

Intelligence is not lerned knowledge. Anyone can regerate information. But howmany can really understand what they are saying, or what others mean.

Anyways, like I said several times before, I never claimed to be "great" but I am not the bottom of the barrel.
We just do not see eye to eye on how things should be done, or how they work. Which is natural. Thats humans for you.

As far as you and harpy talking ooc about the dakhs. Ok, sure I am more inclined to believe you now.
But it didnt matter what my thoughts where before the fact and now. If it was it was, and if its not its not.

So, to you Nel I say thank you. for helping this thread come to a close. (i hope)

Rob.
Back to top Go down
Random

PostSubject: Re: lol lame steal, weak try.   lol lame steal, weak try. - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 12:14 am

Quote :
I did say my characters has depth. And its been affermed by a good deal of players.

lol

Quote :

Intelligence is not lerned knowledge. Anyone can regerate information. But howmany can really understand what they are saying, or what others mean.

Remind me to tell you about synapses one day.

The rest of your posts are the same irrelevant shit that you've been crapping over the rest of the topic, and a waste of time to answer again.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: lol lame steal, weak try.   lol lame steal, weak try. - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 7:30 am

Random wrote:

Remind me to tell you about synapses one day.

Tell me about synapses, right now. study
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: lol lame steal, weak try.   lol lame steal, weak try. - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 9:55 am

Neleron wrote:

Izanagi. Hehe. Nel wanted to plan his own private celebration when "you" two got married.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lol lame steal, weak try.   lol lame steal, weak try. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

lol lame steal, weak try.
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NW-Y. :: Other. :: The flame zone.-
Jump to: